Sunday, January 1, 2012

Anna's six-week goal


I'm just catching up on 'The Official Get-Fit Rules" & I was supposed to make a six-week goal last week.  Oops:(  Maybe it should be to learn not to procrastinate.  But then I would be setting myself up for failure no doubt. 

Love reading all your goals, and your first efforts!  I'm already inspired:)

I think my first goal is going to be to run five-miles. 

And to drink more water.



(<-------------------At least two of these a day).

And get a minimum of 8-hours of sleep/night. 

Today I did my first work-out for 2012!!!!  I ran a 5k in 39-minutes on the treadmill at Cindy's condo.  I'm not super proud of my efforts, but I am happy with running 3.1 miles!  I wasn't able to run the whole time.  I would guess about 10-minutes was spent walking.  I'm NOT a runner, I actually hate it.

When I wanted to quit I realized that it wasn't because I was out of air, it was because I was uncomfortable.   Not crampy-uncomfortable... just "i'd-rather-be-sitting-on-the-couch-eating- chocolate-uncomfortable."   So here's to pushing past those feelings!!!

Zane chose to not work out today.  Instead he established his 'pro' status in Wii bowling.  Cool.

8 comments:

  1. Good job! Those are great 6 week goals! You rock! :)
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Anna!! My 'unofficial' goal is to be able to run ANY amount of time on a treadmill. I also HATE running (I've always thought, WHAT'S THE POINT OF TORTURING YOURSELF LIKE THAT?!?!). But, I've always heard it is the most efficient way to burn calories. The biggest bang for your buck! So, for you to be running 5 miles is really inspiring to me!! Maybe by the end of 6 weeks, I will be able to report that I am running, even if it's only a few minutes at a time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!! I appreciate all the feedback & encouragement so so much!! Jaime, you GOT this girl. The thing about running is that there is no way to get better other then to just keep running. (Or fast walking or whatever you do to get to running) My "running" is a glorified jog, let's be honest. I run a very slow pace. I too am only running to get the 'biggest bang for my buck' UGH. Actually jump roping i've heard is even better. But that is hardcore... and takes coordination. Blah. Maybe that will be another goal in my future.... Running is terrible on your knees so let's be cautious! My ankles were already really bothering me. I was going to do some online research to see what kind of warm-ups would be good to maybe help prevent unnecessary pain. I'll report back if i find anything helpful!!! **Cheers to keeping on ladies!!!** xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna!!! I love this! I hate running to but have been trying to learn to like it if that is possible! ;) Too bad we are literally at opposite ends of the country or we could run together!

    Anyway, nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Anna! I'm afraid my running days are over before they got started!! Never liked running even in my younger days, but have always enjoyed walking and biking. I have to say that when I was in high school though (way, way back then!) I lost 45 pounds by running every night. So if you can run, and like to, that is a great way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job to ANYONE that can run...wish I could but my knees WON'T allow it!!! Its tuff getting OLD...I have osteoarthritis (wow,thats a long word) in both knees and bone spurs in both knees and my OLD knees just won't let me, so go for it as long as you can, cuz someday, they may not let you...so, I walk, and love it! Envy those of you that can do it though...keep up the good work!!! wish I could do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I will be Tom's typist, so Marianne doesn't have to put his 6-week goal on here...maybe I will have to add it as a blog entry because it is too long and can't add it as a comment. Do have to say that he had me take BEFORE pictures of him but made me PROMISE to NOT post any of them of him....so, I won't....and will add his poem here in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome, Donna. There is NOTHING wrong with walking + biking. At the end of the day, cardio is cardio. If I had a bike I would be using it, trust me!!!:) I had a personal trainer that told me that running is putting as much pressure on your knee as jumping from the sixth stair on a staircase=/ It's like Jaime said tho- its the most bang for my buck without access to a gym with machines like the elyptical (sp?) which is much more gentle on your knees!!!

    Brenda- I wish we could be running mates SOOOO bad!!!!

    Can't wait for Dad's goals- thanks for being his typist... maybe he should put that on his goal list;)

    xoxo amigos!!!

    ReplyDelete