Monday, January 2, 2012

EXERCISE

Well Marianne, you ol' rascal
You've now started a real fiascal
I can tell by the rules you are young and more able,
As I have become older and thus less stable.
But that's alright, exercising I'll be
Cause with age I have more trouble with each calorie
I'm going to go ahead and send money for your purse
When I'm tired and weary i'll think of you and might curse!
As I get my money out and ready to depart
i guess it'll be better than becoming like an old stale K-Mart!
Now I have no illusions the prize to win
But that won't keep me dreamin' about cashing in
The goal for six weeks if I must reveal
Is to eat less and less meal after meal
I'm also thinking of getting up out of bed
To get up and get moving a little poundage to shed.
Now if I succeed and a picture I have to take
It surely won't be in a Speedo for pity sake!
Now happy exercising and good luck to all,
Maybe some will have a new look this coming fall!

By Tom Foster / December 30, 2011

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! This gave me quite a laugh! Glad for your goals and your lovely poem...we definitely look forward to more poems! :) Thank you for posting!! :) -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh let me count the ways that your poetry writing gives me sweet sweet joy, Padre. HAHAHA. (but seriously)

    Can't wait to hear your goals- and more writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew you were such a poet Tom! Loved it! Just remember that there are some older than you in this!!

    ReplyDelete