Sunday, January 15, 2012

The LiaBraatens

Hello again! Brent and I had a good week this week and added some variety to our workouts as well. I did six workouts that consisted of walking two days and zumba on the Wii the other four days. I am getting slightly better coordinated, although not much, and even convinced my sister to join me one day for zumba while the cousins ran circles around us! Brent went walking two days and used the recumbent bike four days. I am counting the week from Sunday to Saturday, so we start new today. It was a busy day (we had to play in the snow and make a trip to pick up Brent from the airport!) so no workout today so far. Brent is off from school tomorrow, so maybe we will pull a double!!!
By the way, Brent is Marianne's second cousin (her grandma Alice Marie and his grandma ArLeeta are sisters). We live in southwest Washington, about three hours south of Marianne. We have two kiddos, Brynn is 3 and a half and Lane is 14 months. We just wish we got to see those second cousins of ours more than a few times a year!
Keep up the great work everyone! I read in a magazine this week that experts recommend at least 150 minutes of exercise a week. That would be five 30 minute workouts - and we are trying to accomplish six each week. That is not much more! Way to go us for getting in our recommended amount of exercise!

3 comments:

  1. Great to meet you! :) I am Marianne's cousin - her dad and my dad are brother's. I am truly amazed at what you are accomplishing with 2 little ones! How do you like Zumba on the wii??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said:) I'm the other brothers daughter, lol.
    I too am totally curious about zumba on the gaming system....???

    You're doing amazing things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! So proud of you guys!!

    Sorry that I didn't do introductions!

    Have a fabulous week!! <3, Marianne

    ReplyDelete