Sunday, January 22, 2012

Zane & Anna

It's been rough out here you guys.  I am SO ashamed. 

I'm not even going to try to offer up any lame excuses.   I just plain & simply got a bit discouraged these past couple weeks. 

The only "workouts" I really got in were at work. 

I know, i know that sounds incredibly lame, but we are actually doing some renovations at Banana Republic which include installing wood flooring... which means... moving wardrobers/clothing fixtures/mannequins/wooden mannequin platforms/big tall mirrors in metal frames... (all of which are very heavy) on a nightly basis.  It's shocking how heavy clothing is in bulk.  So the few nights that I had to close I worked up quite a sweat. 

Also I am apart of our shipment team which includes unloading boxes that can weigh (up to) 30-pounds so that is also very sweat-worthy, as we are urged to *rush* if you will.  That only counted for a couple mornings tho. 

The good news is that I got back on track on saturday evening with a good-paced run around the neighborhood.  I left around twilight, so it got dark rather quick, and my imagination went into overdrive + I saw some sketchy people milling around... so I basically was quite motivated to run as fast as my legs would carry me. 

And then tonight.... *drumroll please...* I actually got Zane & his cousin Tony onboard and we did a 1.7 mile loop-run, which was a much quicker pace than I would normally push myself alone so I really appreciated the motivation from them.  And then we did a 40-minutes abs + arms workout.  Feeling like rockstars!!!! 

I have been sooooo proud of all you while I was busy being terrible.  I loved reading about everyones efforts... you are inspiring me to not just give up!!!!!!!!!!    

2 comments:

  1. Soooo proud of you!!! I have been in the same boat- but yay for getting back on track!

    And good job Zane and Tony for running 1.7 miles!!! Hope you have a successful rest of your week!!

    Hugs!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Anna...I was wondering how it was going for you on your exercise...hadn't heard...but now I know. It's just so hard sometimes, but then when you finally do something, it just feels sooooooo good. Way to go!!!! And getting Zane and Tony to join you also. Good for you! Just keep at it and don't give up. It'll be worth it, really, it will :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete