Saturday, January 7, 2012

The LiaBraatens

Erika and Brent are checking in for the first time! We are loving all of the posts and comments! This has been so motivating already. Both of us accomplished 6 workouts this week and we only hope that we can keep it up!
Brent started with "speed leaf raking", or so we will call it. Two days of that, three days of running (took the kids to the park with the jogging stroller and gave mom a much needed break!) and one day on the bike.
Erika broke in the new Zumba for the Wii this week. All 6 workouts on Zumba just trying to figure out all of the steps! So glad to do that part without any onlookers (besides Brynn age 3 and Lane age 1 who think it is all pretty funny). Doing okay on the goal of drinking more water but could do better.
It is feeling great to get some exercise in! There is definitely no way we would have done so much this week if it weren't for our love for a challenge and some good competition.

4 comments:

  1. SOO proud of you guys!! SIX workouts?!?! That's amazing! Keep rocking it! :)

    I know I haven't worked out enough in the past when Hannah watches me and gets a smirk and starts giggling! :) HAHA! Kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LiaBraatens...do I know you? Marianne's Auntie in AZ...totally curious, what is "speed leaf raking"? I was so NOT good about exercise when our kids were young...the best I ever did was walking or going to the gym and taking the kids to the daycare at the gym. Seemed I couldn't motivate myself to do it on my own otherwise. So impressed here with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika and Brent! I am Marianne's (and Michael's now too) aunt from Minneapolis, MN. Nice to "meet" you! I have 3 kids - all grown now - and I could never find the time to work out when the kids were young. I'm so impressed with those of you who have little ones. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you made raking leaves into a workout!! :)

    ReplyDelete