Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Anna's day#2

I didn't quite post in time so this was supposed to be for yesterday's workout!

I got up & ran another 3-miles, this time beneath the morning sunshine- and without stopping!!!!

I think it's good for me to work out in the morning when i'm still in that half-sleepy state- that way I won't talk myself out of it;)

On that note- today, i have to wait til this afternoon to do today's workout because Zane promised a 'joint-workout' after he gets off work (& his first for 2012!) so send lots of motivation our way please;)

The first mile-and-a-half I felt like I was going to be able to run forever.  It felt really good.  But those good feelings came crashing down on the last mile.   I was still able to shave off 2 minutes from my time on sunday.  I was hoping for more, but it's easier to pace yourself on a treadmill.  At least I kept running tho!!!

It's been good for me to be aware of the thought that when I really really want to quit, just consciously thinking... "is it because I literally can't breathe, and taking another step will kill me, or is it because I just want to quit???"  So far my answer has been the latter, so onward I go. 

I'm not dieting persay (yet!) but I am trying to make consciously smart choices... like not snacking on tootsie rolls at work.  A small victory, hee hee

Happy tuesday, y'all!!!

p.s. raise your hand if you're sore!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So very proud of you! And yes, HELLO SORENESS! :)
    I've found the same to be true- I ask myself am I WANTING to quit or is this actually going to KILL me if I don't quit? It's always because I WANT to quit- so then I tell myself since it won't kill me it'll just make me stronger, which helps me to push on.
    Another motivating thing that I do when I want to quit is I look and see how many minutes I am into the workout and figure out how much longer I have to go and then I pace it to my music- for instance if I have 10 minutes left, most of the songs on my playlist are anywhere from 3-3.5 minutes, so then I tell myself "only 3 more songs till cool down", then submerse myself in the music and press on- it makes the workout go faster for me. Kinda random, but that's what works for me.
    Sending A TON of motivation to Mr. Zane!! You can do it! We are all cheering for you!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mr. and Mrs. Z...I'm proud of you! Exercise is so good for the body and the all that ales you. Try telling that to sore muscles and its another story, but "this too shall pass" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great strategy idea Marianne- i need to find myself an mp3 player first. ugh. Can you believe i'm working out withOUT music!? It's beyooond tragic. Anyone have any **CHEAP** mp3 player feedback????

    p.s. as always thanks for the encouragement both of you!!! (anna)

    ReplyDelete