Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Anna & Zane check-in

Well we had our first failure in 2012 with yesterday's workout being a 'no-show.'  (Wah wah wahhhhh). 

I could say that it was because it was 30-something degrees outside... 

Or that I took a 160-mile road-trip to the Jacksonville airport to drop Cindy off... 

Or that it was the last night we had with Zane's Dad, so we stuffed our faces with fish & watched football instead.

Any sympathy here?  No?  Ok. 

Well we made up for it today with a 60-minute POWER PILATES dvd.  YAYYYY!  As I said on FB, Hello endorphins!!!!  I can barely type because my muscle feel like jelly. 

It was split into three segments, arms, butts & thighs, and abs.  Zane did not participate during the butts & thighs segment, but the poor guy is fighting the start of a cold, so we're going to let this one slide.

I promise you we were yelling unpretty things at the tv screen, and we had to modify an embarrasing # of the exercises, but whatevs.  That is hardly the point. 

Our muscles feel overworked and underpaid.  

And that my friends, is exaaacctly the point.

3 comments:

  1. Mama bear (Pam) here...wow! Power Pilates...I was curious what that even is! I have been to Pilates...but power pilates...must be pretty intense...I'm impressed!!! Way to go...my calves are pretty sore and I'm wondering how Zumba is gonna go in the morning....guess I'll find out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for back on the band wagon! :) We all have days that go the way your Tuesday did, but hey that's why the goal is 321 and not 365!! :)
    Power Pilates sounds impressive! And WOOHOO for Zane- you go Mr. Rathbun! :)
    ~M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what the difference between power pilates & regular pilates is. The cover of the dvd said "piloxing" which i'm thinking is a combo between boxing & pilates, so maybe that is what it was referring to??? Seriously intense tho. So much burning!!!

    How was zumba + sore muscles, Mom??:/

    Zane is even sicker than he was before, so he'll be joining us a little later:)

    ReplyDelete