Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Harv, Linda, Marianne, Michael, Hannah, Brenda & Neil

Ok, so we tried some new stuff the other night.  I'll post pictures of what it was and everyone can post their own pictures of them eating it :)


This was our new vegetable --- Cactus.  I'm sure Tom & Pam could get some a lot fresher out of the desert :)  The produce guy told me you can put them in Pico de Gallo, which is basically like a salsa or put oil & salt on them and grill them.  Soooo, we tried the grilling technique, which probably would have been fine except I'm quite sure you don't want to put the salt on till it's done because it drew the moisture out and made the outside REAL, REAL slimy!!!!! Getting beyond the slime the taste wasn't bad, Michael described it kinda like green pepper - which I'd have to agree with.

The following fruits I'll let everyone describe themselves:


                                                             Kumquat (teeny tiny citrus)


                                       Pummelo (huge citrus)  --- this one only cost like $4.99 :/


                                                                        Ugly Fruit


2 comments:

  1. You guys are WAY braver than I am. Cactus!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have cactus growing right in our yard...but I'm just not sure if I could get past the "slime factor"...lol You guys were wayyyy brave... good for you. The "ugly Fruit" really isn't too ugly, expensive, but not so ugly :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete