Friday, February 17, 2012

Brenda - new goals

Hey everyone! I'm a little off the ball, but as far as goals go I did alright with my last goals of drinking 64 oz of water (not everyday, but almost) and running a 5k.  I didn't actually do a race, but I did run over 3 miles without stopping.

So, for the next six weeks (starting now) I want to continue to work on drinking water.  My other big goal is that I am going to give up sweets with one exclusion and that is Menchie's.  For those of you who don't know what Menchie's is, well it is delicious frozen yogurt over in West Seattle.  This is going to be real hard for me (mostly giving up ice cream in general since we don't go to Menchie's everyday) but I keep thinking I want to and should do it, so I am going to make it public for everyone to know and hopefully help keep me on track!  I think this is going to be my focus so this will be my solitary (well, I guess I kind of have two) goal for the following weeks!

I slacked on getting more pictures up but I am going to try and put one up here and there anyway, hopefully one sometime this weekend! I have found a new workout/fun activity that I enjoy... rock climbing! I went last weekend for the first time to a gym called Stone Gardens and I am going again tonight so I am excited about that.  Other than that I have been doing a lot of the same ole stuff- just a mix of whatever sounds fun that day!

Glad to see everyone's posts and excited to see all of the continued improvements and inspiration!

Cheers! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great goals Brenda! Good for you for trying to give up sweets. Looking forward to seeing pics of you rock climbing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am adjusting my goals a little bit regarding sweets. I am going to adjust it to one sweet thing per day rather than only menchies. That way I can limit my sweet intake but not crave it too bad and then go overboard. I want to be able to stick to it so I think this is more realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You best never leave me out on a Menchie trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Brenda, I feel better about that...totally cutting out sweets for 6 weeks seemed extreme...but I was thinking, wow, if you can do it, more power to ya...but I'm thinking, NO WAY, when we cut anything out completely, then we begin to totally crave it like crazy...so, I'm glad to see that you are limiting it to one per day. That seems realistic :) Way to go...and a great goal!!! You'll have to introduce us to Menchies when we come up there this summmer...never heard of it before. Good luck and great goals. :)

    ReplyDelete