Thursday, February 9, 2012

Marianne's Trainer Rant.

Brenda is the meanest trainer in the world...BUT I am very thankful for her! :)  She came and spent the night last night because she TOLD me (notice I didn't say ask) that I would wake up at 5:30, pick Mom up at 6:00 and go swim at the Y for a half hour while she kept Hannah.  I have to say I was a little bit disgusted because I was super tired, and I don't even have a lap swim swimsuit right now but Michael woke me up as he left and I actually dragged myself out the door, picked up Mom, and we were at the Y at 6:30.  It has been a LONG time since I have actually done lap swim- way TOO long.  I told Brenda that I wouldn't be able to even swim a 100 (ha!) but she said well just do a 500 the first time and work up from there.  I was pretty proud of Mom and I for doing over double what she said we should start with!!! The embarrasing part though? Ya, 1100 yards use to not even be a complete warm up- ugh! Miss those days.  My arms felt very weak after we were done, and that was only for 30 minutes- in high school we had practice for 2 hours and then in college, I would work out on the elliptical while studying for 30min-1 hr and then after finishing the elliptical, I would spend 2-2.5 hours in the pool swimming laps- oh man, those were the days- I can barely last 30 minutes with any sort of speed or form or technique left by the end- UGH!  Hope to be able to work back up to what I use to be able to do. As miserable as it seemed it was going to be this morning- we actually swam 1,100 yards and I felt soooo good after we were done.
So I guess I have to say- Thank you for pushing me, Brendee! :)



6 comments:

  1. She's a good one - for sure!!! :) That was a great way to start the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impresssive!! Way to go guys! And way to push them, Brenda!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO Proud of you!!! :) Hannah was super excited when looking at these pics too, she was pointing and smiling and then clapping! xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed girls :) Everyone needs a Brenda around. Maybe she needs to be a Jillian Michaels...ha ha (instead of an RN). Wonder if it would be as rewarding or satisfying or if the paycheck would be as good...doubt it, that is, unless she WAS Jillian :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOO!!! Go Brenda for showing tough love... Keep it up M & L.... i imagine it would come back fast Marianne... you guys are all so good at swimming!!!! I remember there were random times that my friend & i would wake up super early before school and do water aerobics and it was seriously the BEST way to wake up... gave us so much energy even i we did feel a little like jelly afterwards- and i love knowing how gentle it is on your body... wish we had a pool around here... and all of you to come with me... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go you guys!! And way to push, Brenda. I love being in the water - just wish I knew how to swim! Anna -- there is an outdoor and an indoor pool here at my apartment complex. Come on up to MN and we will go swimming!

    ReplyDelete