Monday, February 13, 2012

Donna's new goals

Hi all.  I'm disappointed that I did not reach my goals.  I did drink my water everyday, so made that part of my goals, but did not lose the weight that I need and want to.  I only lost 3.8 pounds :-(   I lost 2 inches which is disappointing too.  But my clothes fit better (some seem too big) - don't know how that is possible with so little weight loss and inches lost.  I do know that I am feeling much, much better and look forward to feeling even better.

I am so impressed with everyone!  I'm so in awe of those of you who lost so much weight!  Very jealous.  My old self wants to say that this isn't working for me and give up -- BUT I am happy to say that the new me says that is really dumb.  I didn't put this weight on in 6 weeks and I am sure not going to lose it in 6 weeks -- so I'm ready to keep on going!  And do better this 6 weeks!

I'm going to be a little more realistic this time around and make sure that my "eyes are not bigger than my stomach" - or should I say that "my stomach is not bigger than my wish!!"  My new goals are to lose 5 pounds, 3 inches, continue to drink 64 oz of water per day and to cut WAY back on the salt.  I also have a Dr. appointment in April and want to lower my cholesterol.  I know that that is not in this 6 weeks, but I am working now to achieve it.  I would love to go off cholesterol and blood pressure meds, but don't think I will be there yet in April.  But I am working towards that being a goal down the road (hopefully sooner than later).

It is also my goal to post at least 3 times a week on here.  I hope you all don't get too bored with my posts, but I have to admit that I do better when I post.  Posting makes me accountable cause I have to admit how good or poor I am doing.  Plus it helps me to come on and read all your posts!

I enjoyed all the pictures.  It was very hard to vote for just one.  Hope everyone keeps on snapping away!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! All of it!!! :) This is awesome, keep it up! xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby steps, thats what it takes to get there. I know it's that way spiritually, it's not one big leap into heaven, but it's taking little steps everyday...and so, it is, with our goals here....I was so happy to reach my goal, but now its a real 'tussle' to maintain it. I'd love to get OFF cholesterol meds...it just doesn't work for me, boo hoo :( Love your goals and the efforts you are putting forth. No one ever said it will be easy, but just hang in there, and happy that you're gonna be checking in often...wahooooooooooooooo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of how you feel you did, I have to say that I am very proud of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you!!! you've made progress and it will pay off on the scale soon too!! Looser clothes is inspiring in itself :) You're winning the mental battle, which is HUGE(at least for me). Keep on :) and looking forward to the posts!!

    ReplyDelete