Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jaime' New Goals

First off, I want to say how great all of you are!!  You are all doing amazing with this challenge. My performance has been more mediocre lately, but you are all very inspiring!

I didn't make my goals this last 6 weeks. :(  I only lost 2.5 pounds and 2 inches. I also have only worked out a couple of times these last couple of weeks. I did really well the first couple of weeks getting my fruits and veggies in, but fell off the wagon the last few weeks. 

So, it's time to get my butt in gear again!  My first goal this six weeks is to be more consistent!!  I give up very easily when it comes to my weight. If I have one bad day then I have a tendency to give up the rest of the week and it's hard then to get back on track. So I need to be more consistent with my work outs and diet.  Second, since the number on the scale is such a sore point for me, I'm going to try to focus more on a healthier lifestyle and less on weight loss. I'm going to continue to track my weight but try not to let the number on the scale discourage me anymore. I want to try to put more of my focus on just eating better and being more active and let the scale do whatever it's going to do!  Third, I'm going to try to get my fluids in everyday. I used to be really good about this, but lately I've been slacking. And my final goal is going to be to find at least three new places in the area to walk/workout. I've heard of several places around here that are great for walking/hiking/biking but have never checked any of them out. After living here for six years ( six years and one day to be exact) I guess it's time!!

I am always eager to get on here and read everyone's posts and I check the blog several times a week for new ones. I will also try to be better myself about posting. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's scavenger hunt pics!  :)


Lots of Love,
Jaime Jo

2 comments:

  1. Jaime, I love your goals. I can completely relate with the whole scale/weight=discouraging- so I think you have an awesome plan. Sounds fun to try new walk/hike/bike places- I too often get stuck in a rut and then "bored" with the same ol' same ol' so I don't do anything instead of trying to find new places. Good Work!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Marianne... Love your goals!!! :)

    Those are great! And I totally get the discouragement and giving up when you start to get off track. I do the same thing - I will start off the day eating really well and if I slip somewhere then I just give up completely, something I have been trying to work on too - learning it is okay to slip and learning how to reset then rather than wait for a new day/week!

    Keep up the good work! One day at a time!!! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete